Articles of Faith – Article 1
Since there is only one true Church, of which Christ is the head, new church members may not know what we, as United Baptists, really believe. We all have certain beliefs and ideas we come with. As members of a United Baptist church, which in turn is a church in Zion (Old Zion) Association of United Baptist Churches, we believe in the “Articles of Faith”. These are found in the published minutes of the Association each year. Over the next few months, I intend to present each Article in order, along with a few Scriptures to support them. I will not make any personal comment, but allow the Bible to speak for its self. It’s my hope that many will undertake a detailed study, for themselves, of these Articles. You may also want to read a few verses before and after the ones listed, to assure yourself that they aren’t taken out of context.
Elder Mitchell Horn
Article 1. We believe in the only true living God, the Creator of the heavens and earth and the things here in contained.
Genesis 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 42:5 KJV
(5) Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
Isaiah 45:11-12 KJV
(11) Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
(12) I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Isaiah 45:18 KJV
(18) For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
Psalms 146:5-6 KJV
(5) Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
(6) Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:
Colossians 1:16-17 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Revelation 4:11 KJV
(11) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Revelation 10:5-6 KJV
(5) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
(6) And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: